Healthcare and African Americans
COVID-19: Health Care and African Americans
- “Black Patients’ Guide to COVID-19” by Dr. Ruth Arumala in partnership with Color of Change
- “Questions of Bias in Covid-19 Treatment Add to the Mourning for Black Families” by John Eligon and Audra D. S. Burch, New York Times, May 20, 2020
- “The Disproportionate Impact of COVID-19 on Black Health Care Workers in the U.S.” by Adia Harvey Wingfield, Harvard Business Review, May 14, 2020
- “COVID-19 Took Black Lives First. It Didn’t Have To” by Duaa Eldeib, Adriana Gallardo, Akilah Johnson, Annie Waldman, Nina Martin, Talia Buford and Tony Briscoe, ProPublica Illinois, May 9, 2020.
- “Opinion: U.S. Must Avoid Building Racial Bias Into COVID-19 Emergency Guidance” by Jossie Carreras Tartak and Hazar Khidir, NPR.org, April 21, 2020